Since 2013, Invegrow has been a pioneer in leading the cause for Industrial Hemp in Malawi, investing significant time and resources in promoting awareness about the crop in the country.
To create a dynamic and viable hemp industry by partnering with experts in our field in order to become a leading company in Africa producing seed, genetics, extracts, and food from our own farms and farmers in Malawi.
products AIMS & OBJECTIVES
- Expelled hemp seed oil that is nutritious and good for health
- Edible hemp protein powder, a digestible and high quality protein made from the residual seed cake
- Hemp seed for cultivation
- Hemp hurd for construction & bio-composites
- Cannabinoid-rich extracts using our own technology developed in Africa
- Essential oil production
- Continued research and development in new crops especially around food security
- Invegrow Ltd. was established in December 2013, and has since then been lobbying the Government of Malawi on the economic benefits of industrial hemp
- Trials with the Ministry of Agriculture began in October 2015, with each certified imported industrial hemp variety undergoing three consecutive trials
- The trials will be finalised in 2018 with the aim to cultivate industrial hemp commercially in December 2018/19
- Attend conferences worldwide to establish connections and a presence in the developing hemp market place
- Spearheading the creation of a National Association that will help educate and lobby for legislative amendments. In June 2016 a private members bill was passed to ‘distinguish industrial hemp as a variety of Cannabis distinct from marijuana’
- Currently it is NOT legal to cultivate industrial hemp in Malawi even though Parliament passed the motion to review the laws in July 2016
- Please see our Facebook and Instagram page to stay up to date on this journey!